Mar 15, 2012 (LBO) – The deaths of two UAE nationals, soon after their arrival in Sri Lanka, could be due to food poisoning from an in-flight meat, a media report said. A mother and a small child had died on Tuesday evening, after arriving in the country earlier in the day.
Sri Lanka’s The Island newspaper quoted the husband of the deceased woman, Mohamed Ali as saying at on official an inquiry in the deaths that they last ate a dish of chicken on board the flight they arrived.
Soon after they arrived in the country the family had checked into a resort in Seeduwa, north of Sri Lanka’s capital in Colombo and had received treatment from a hospital because they felt “uneasy”.
After they had gone back to the hotel, the family had felt ill again and were admitted to a hospital in Negambo, and then transferred to the intensive care unit of a hospital in Wattala, where the mother and child had died.
The newspaper quoted the chief medical officer of the Hemas Hospital, Wattala, Samanthi Silva as saying that the deaths could be due to food taken in flight and the exact reason would be known after a post-mortem.
Gulfnews.com, a Middle Eastern news