LONDON, June 20, 2009 (AFP) – Pakistan cricket chiefs said on Saturday they will restart legal proceedings against the International Cricket Council after talks over hosting World Cup matches in 2011 broke down.
“The PCB sought the support of its fellow Asian co-hosts for matches to be played under the aegis of the PCB in a safe neutral venue,” the Pakistan Cricket Board said in a statement here.
“Despite the fact that these discussions had been helpfully and constructively brokered by the ICC president David Morgan and vice president Sharad Pawar, no progress was made.
“This will mean that organizational issues surrounding the 2011 World Cup remain unresolved and that the legal proceedings the PCB has brought against the ICC in Dubai and in Lahore will continue,” the statement added.
The PCB’s response came after a meeting of officials from the four co-hosts – India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh – here at Lord’s on Saturday on the sidelines of the World Twenty20 tournament.
Pakistan had served legal notices on the ICC after being stripped of hosting rights in the wake of the militant attack on the Sri Lankan team in Lahore on March 3 and the deteriorating security situation in the