Sep 23, 2016 (LBO) – Uber, a global ride sharing company, will allow customers the convenience of scheduling a ride up to 30 days in advance with a ‘Schedule a Ride’ feature for its riders in Colombo, launched today.
“Uber’s objective to offer accessible and reliable rides goes a notch further with the introduction of the ‘Schedule a Ride’ feature. Riders can use this feature to book a ride from 15 mins to 30 days in advance,” Bhavik Rathod, general manager – South and West, India and Sri Lanka, Uber said in a statement.
“For our driver-partners, it minimizes idle time and for riders it is an additional comfort of knowing your Uber will be there when it’s time to head out.”
Uber is a mobile app that connects people who needs a ride, to a private chauffeur service, to get around on-demand which launched in San Francisco in 2010 as a startup but a disruptive company.
The trip fare is calculated using GPS data via satellite, which is then forwarded to Uber’s servers for billing and immediate receipt generation.
At the end of the trip, the customer simply alights from the vehicle and goes on their way. The trip fare is billed automatically to the customer’s credit card and a receipt with journey details is emailed immediately after.
How it works:
• Select uberGO (scheduled rides is currently available only on uberGO) and tap “Schedule a Ride.”
• Set your pickup date, time, location, and destination.
• Confirm the details of your upcoming trip and tap “Schedule uberGO”. You can cancel at anytime before your ride is on the way.
• We’ll send you reminders both 24 hours and 30 minutes in advance of your pickup. You’ll be notified after your ride is on the way, as well as whether dynamic pricing applies.
• Currently scheduled rides is only available on uberGO and you can pay through your credit cards, debit cards, prepaid wallets and even cash!
• If you interested in signing up for Uber for Business, go toUber.com/businessand enroll now.
Uber’s standard cancellation policy applies to Scheduled Rides as well. Riders can cancel their Scheduled Ride anytime without penalty before the driver is en-route to their pick up. Scheduled rides are no different for the drivers as well. The app constantly monitors the ETA; and when it’s time to request, it dispatches to closest Uber driver subsequently.