Jan 12, 2014 (LBO) – Sri Lanka’s newly elected President Maithripala Sirisena appointed his maiden cabinet on Monday which comprises of 27 cabinet ministers, 10 state ministers and 8 deputy ministers. The swearing in ceremony held at the Presidential Secretariat.
Addressing the gathering President Maithripala Sirisena said the new cabinet is a temporary cabinet appointed for the 100 day programme.
The permanent cabinet that will be appointed after the general election would implement the time consuming proposals of our election manifesto, Sirisena said.
He urged all cabinet members to refrain from corrupt activities.
Sri Lanka’s new cabinet ministers
1. Prime Minister Ranil Wickramasinghe – Reconciliation, policy development and economic affairs
2. Ravi Karunanayake – Minister of Finance
3. Joseph Michael Perera – Minister of Home Affairs
4. John Amaratunga – Minister of Public Order, Disaster Management & Christian Affairs
5. Duminda Dissanayake – Minister of Irrigation
6. Dr. Rajitha Senaratna – Minister of Health and Indigenous Medicine
7. Kabir Hashim – Minister of Highways and Investment Promotion