Sep 10, 2020 (LBO) – The High Post Committee of Parliament is to examine the suitability of new ambassadors who have been nominated to hold office.
The Committee has also called for representations from individuals and organizations with regard to these nominations.
Meanwhile, Pathfinder Foundation’s founder, Milinda Moragoda has come under the spotlight over accusations leveled against him from certain groups.
- Ravinatha Aryasinha – Ambassador to the United States
- Milinda Moragoda – High Commissioner to India
- Dr. Palitha T. B. Kohona – Ambassador to China
- Admiral (Retired) K.K.V.P. Harischandra de Silva – Ambassador to Afghanistan
- Vishramal Sanjiv Gunasekara – Ambassador to Japan
- Prof. Kshanika Hirimburegama – Ambassador to France
Speaker Mahinda Yapa Abeywardena on Tuesday announced that the Committee on High Posts consisting of 18 members has been appointed to serve in the first session of the ninth Parliament.
Accordingly, Chamal Rajapaksa, Nimal Siripala de Silva, Dinesh Gunawardena, Johnston Fernando, Douglas Devananda, Bandula Gunawardana, Keheliya Rambukwella, Udaya Gammanpila, Ramesh Pathirana, Sudarshini Fernandopulle, Vidura Wikramanayaka, John Seneviratne, Anura Priyadharshana, YapaVijitha Herath, Rishad Bathiudeen, Thalatha Athukorala, Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka have been appointed as members.