1. Her Excellency, Mrs. Chandrika Bandaranaike Kumaratunga, President of Sri Lanka, paid a working visit to India from June 2-4, 2005. 03/06/2005
1. Her Excellency, Mrs. Chandrika Bandaranaike Kumaratunga, President of Sri Lanka, paid a working visit to India from June 2-4, 2005. 2. The President of Sri Lanka held cordial, wide-ranging discussions with the Prime Minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh. The discussions were substantive and covered the gamut of bilateral relations between the two countries, post-tsunami reconstruction efforts in Sri Lanka, and regional and international issues.
3. The President of Sri Lanka met with Smt. Sonia Gandhi, Chairperson of the UPA. Shri P. Chidambaram, Minister of Finance, and Shri Mani Shankar Aiyar, Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Minister of Panchayati Raj, called on the President of Sri Lanka.
4. The two leaders noted that the forthcoming visit of the Indian External Affairs Minister for the sixth meeting of the India-Sri Lanka Joint Commission on June 10, 2005 in Colombo will provide a further impetus to bilateral cooperation.
5. During the discussions between t